Misa’s practice focuses on a broad range of real estate transactions. Misa regularly assists clients in analyzing, drafting, and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, represents both landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating leases, and prepares and negotiates architect agreements, construction contracts and other design and development related agreements. She also works with developers and homebuilders in drafting and structuring residential and commercial condominium projects.
- Represented various individuals and smaller to mid-sized for-profit and nonprofit companies in connection with property acquisition and disposition, development projects, property management, and leasing matters.
- Represented various developers on a diverse array of projects, including residential and commercial condominium projects and mixed-use projects, through the entire life-span of the project. Notably, represent a developer in connection with the development of a large-scale mixed-use town center.
- Represented a Seattle-based supermarket chain, specializing in Asian specialty items, including in connection with acquisition, development, and leasing matters across the Pacific Northwest.
- Represented several Canadian companies regarding various investments in Washington real estate assets.
- Represented various developers in connection with establishing homeowners’ associations and new-construction residential and commercial condominium projects.
- Represented charter school clients in connection with acquisition, development, and operational matters.
- Represented developers in the preparation of condominium and community governance documents for residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects.
- Represented a regional healthcare network in connection with acquisitions and dispositions, property management, and leasing matters.
- Author, Ask a Legal Professional, Puget Sound Business Journal, (When to E-Sign a Commercial Lease in Washington), March 2019.
- “The Evolving Landscape of TCPA Consent Standards and Ways to Minimize Risk.” 10 Wash. J.L. Tech. & Arts 1, 2014.
- “Will the Explosion of 3D Printing Mark the Implosion of Copyright Law?” Washington Journal of Law, Technology & Art Blog, Summer 2013.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Dean's Award in Legal Analysis Writing and Research, University of Iowa College of Law
- CALI Excellent for the Future Award in International Taxation II, University of Washington School of Law
- Real Estate Associate, Fikso Kretschmer Smith Dixon Ormseth PS
- Legal Intern, Seattle Art Museum & Seattle Symphony
- Management Intern, CoMotion (formerly University of Washington Center for Commercialization)
- Summer Law Clerk, Westerman, Hattori, Daniels & Adrian, LLP
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, with Honors, 2014
Articles Editor, Washington Journal of Law, Technology & Arts
Board Member, Advocates for the Arts
Research Assistant for book chapters related to various transnational law
- J.D., Candidate, University of Iowa College of Law, 2011 - 2012
Dean's Award in Legal Analysis, Writing and Research
- B.A. University of Chicago, with General and Special Honors, 2008
College Honor Scholarship Award Recipient
Jeff Metcalf Fellowship Award
University Athletic Association All Academic Award recipient
After growing up in Viriginia, I have put down roots in the "better" coast and have fallen in love with all the wonders Seattle has to offer. When the weather permits, I enjoy biking and running, but when I want a mini vacation from the rain, you can find me trying my hand at creative writing and garment sewing.