Daniel provides counsel on business transactions and estate planning. Daniel’s work includes mergers and acquisitions, business entity formation, and general business and tax matters.
Prior to joining Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson, Daniel worked in the international tax group of a Big Four professional services firm.
- Advised multinational companies on the U.S. and foreign tax consequences of foreign acquisitions and internal restructurings, focusing on the technology industry.
- Advised multinational companies on possible restructuring options in light of changes in international tax law.
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Pacific MusicWorks, 2016 - present
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, University of Washington Graduate Program in Taxation
- Repeatedly recognized by Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch in the field of Tax Law, most recently for 2023.
- University of Washington School of Law, Low Income Federal Tax Clinic.
- Extern to the Honorable J. Robin Hunt, Washington State Court of Appeals, Division II, 2011.
- J.D., LL.M. (Taxation), University of Washington School of Law, 2014
- M.M., Northwestern University, Bienen School of Music, Music Performance, 2010
- B.M. University of Puget Sound, summa cum laude, Honors Music Education, 2009
I enjoy playing the saxophone, and attending the symphony and local jazz shows. I am a lifelong Seattle sports fan, and above all a dedicated Mariners fan. I also try to make time to read, fish, and enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest summers on the golf course.