Julie B. Hamilton
Legal Assistant: Cheryl Koubik
Professional OverviewJulie's practice focuses on the representation of financial institutions and private lenders in real estate secured transactions, including documentation and closing of loans, workouts, bankruptcy, and foreclosures. Prior to becoming an attorney, she worked nearly ten years in the banking industry (most of which was spent as a vice president in business banking for a large commercial bank). Julie's banking experience has taught her the value of relationship management and has exposed her to the various needs of financial institutions and businesses. This knowledge is readily transferable into her real estate finance and creditor's rights practice.
- Assisted local and national banks, including KeyBank and HomeStreet Bank in structuring, documenting and closing construction and permanent loans for various property types.
- Assisted Weyerhaeuser Realty Investors, Inc., a leading construction lender operating in seven states, with documenting, closing, and modifying subordinate residential construction loans made to homebuilders.
- Represented local and national banks, including KeyBank, Washington Federal, HomeStreet, and Zions First National Bank, in workout, foreclosure, and bankruptcy matters.
- Represented owner in the refinance of a major medical building located in downtown Seattle.
- Author, Ask a Legal Professional, Puget Sound Business Journal (Personal Representative's Deeds), March 2016
- Author, Ask a Legal Professional, Puget Sound Business Journal (ALTA/ACSM Surveys), August 2015
- Author, Ask a Legal Professional, Puget Sound Business Journal (Pre-Sale Foreclosure Purchase), August 2014
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Washington Women Lawyers
- J.D. Seattle University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2005
Editorial Board, Seattle Law Review, 2004 - 2005
Jim Bond Moot Court Competition Finalist, 2004
- B.A., University of Oregon, 1992
I enjoy spending time with my two young children and introducing them to the various outdoor activities the Pacific Northwest provides, such as hiking, boating, skiing, snowshoeing, and biking. I am an avid runner and enjoy the challenge of half and full marathons. I also love to curl up with a good novel.