As an attorney in HCMP’s Business Group, Alaura focuses her practice on corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, corporate governance, cross-border transactions, and securities.
Alaura is passionate about helping business owners achieve their goals. In addition to her legal expertise, she brings a considerable depth of personal experience to her practice. Alaura grew up working in her family’s business and utilizes her first-hand knowledge of the unique challenges business owners face to better serve her clients.
Alaura enjoys working with closely held businesses, startups, and emerging companies to navigate transitions. Clients appreciate her knack for fostering strong relationships, building rapport, and helping to make the often-stressful processes associated with those transitions feel clearer and more comfortable.
- Represented an international aerospace manufacturer in its acquisition of a manufacturing facility through a bankruptcy distressed asset sale.
- Represented a search fund in the sale of a primary care provider to a strategic buyer.
- Represented multiple northwest private equity funds in add-on acquisitions.
- Represented a family-owned manufacturing business in the sale of its two operating businesses to a publicly traded corporation.
- Represented an agribusiness investment firm in the acquisition of a Washington farming and manufacturing business.
- Volunteer, University of Washington Low Income Tax Clinic, 2019 – present
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Associate, Karr Tuttle Campbell, Corporate Law and Finance Department, 2019 - 2021
- Extern, Washington State House of Representatives Office of Program Research, 2018 – 2019
J.D., with honors, University of Washington School of Law, 2020
- Technology & Arts Editor-in-Chief, Washington Journal of Law, 2019 – 2020
B.A., cum laude, Political Science, minor in German, University of Washington, 2016
I’m a Seattle native and double dawg. When not at work, you can find me at a Lagree fitness class, hunting for the best bagel in the city, or at home with my cats, Angus and Wagyu. I try to make it over to Chelan as often as possible to spend time with family and visit the local wineries.