George is a founding member of the firm. His practice has focused on a wide range of business and real estate matters, representing corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and individuals in domestic and international transactions. Areas of emphasis include the structuring, formation, financing and operation of start-up, emerging and mature companies; commercial agreements; mergers and acquisitions; the sale and leasing of real estate; and international business transactions. George has substantial experience in advising the management of large and medium-sized U.S. and foreign-based companies with respect to a broad range of domestic and international matters.
- Represented a major Japanese trading company for over 35 years in connection with the importing, exporting, financing, licensing, distribution and manufacturing of products and the acquisition of U.S. companies, including a food processing plant, a grain processing facility, seafood processing plants and a computer parts manufacturer.
- Acted as local counsel to a publicly-held U.K. company in the proposed acquisition of one of the largest privately-held aircraft leasing companies.
- Represented county governments in Washington in the negotiation, drafting and monitoring of a long-term multimillion dollar solid waste hauling contract and an international software license agreement with a foreign government.
- Advised University professors on the sale of their stock in a research and development company to a large privately-held national company, including the structuring, negotiation and drafting of documents.
- Represented University Administration in the formation of Washington non-profit corporations and their registration and medical training operations in foreign countries and advised University regarding the establishment of a technology innovation institute in the U.S. with a foreign university.
- General counsel to a national commercial reinsurance company, advising on all aspects of its operations, including the formation of subsidiary companies, indemnity agreements, agency agreements and commercial insurance matters generally.
- Counsel to an international technology company developing composite materials for use in the aerospace and automotive industries advising on the formation, capitalization and operation of related entities and the licensing of technology.
- Outside general counsel to local, regional and international companies advising management on corporate governance, financing, operations, commercial agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and the sale and leasing of real estate.
- Meritas (worldwide affiliation of law firms) - Board of Directors, 1998 - 2001; 2017 - present
- Washington State Bar Association (Business and International Law Sections)
- Montlake Capital, LLC Venture Capital Fund, Board of Advisors, 2002 - present
- Landesa (formerly Rural Development Institute), Board of Directors, 2005 - present
- University of Washington Medicine, Board of Visitors, 2003 - 2008
- Alliance for Education; Board of Directors, 1999 - 2007
- World Affairs Council; Board of Directors, 1985 - 1991
- Japan-America Society
- Trade Development Alliance
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America 2020 in the field of Corporate Law
- A/V Preeminent Lawyer, Martindale Hubbell
- Selected as one of "Seattle's Best Lawyers" by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine.
- Listed in "Who's Who in International Trade," Puget Sound Business Journal.
- Ford Foundation Fellow; Ministry of Justice, Malawi, Africa
- LL.B., Harvard Law School
- B.A., University of Washington, cum laude
George has never lost his desire to compete on the tennis court and continues to play in tournaments (his body willing). He is keenly interested in foreign cultures, and travels on business and for pleasure to destinations around the globe.