Christi is a public finance lawyer with experience working on a wide range of tax-exempt, taxable and tax-advantaged bond financings and other public and project finance transactions. Working as trusted advisor, she has dedicated her career to helping clients achieve successful financings and other transactions that contribute to the accomplishment of projects that serve communities. Prior to joining HCMP in 2019, Christi practiced for over 12 years at a national public finance firm in Salt Lake City and Chicago.
- Bond counsel to the Washington Health Care Facilities Authority and representation of other state conduit issuers
- Borrower’s counsel to various nonprofit entities in tax-exempt conduit bond transactions to finance facilities for independent schools, healthcare providers, higher education institutions and others
- Issuer’s counsel to a nonprofit entity and related corporations in various “P3” transactions involving 63-20 bonds issued to finance facilities including government buildings and medical laboratory and research facilities
- Bond and disclosure counsel to various municipalities, including counties, cities and special districts, in general obligation and revenue bond transactions to finance numerous projects ranging from green space to parking garages to water and sewer, among others
- Underwriter’s counsel to various investment banks in public offerings for public power, municipal, healthcare and other bond transactions
- Representation as bank or placement agent counsel in direct purchase bond transactions, including commercial property assessed clean energy (C-PACE) and in other transaction structures, including municipal leasing
- Representation of joint action agencies and other issuers in tax-exempt and other financings for public power projects, including wind and recovered energy generation, and for transmission projects, including a program for financing and leasing of transmission facility assets by a federal power marketing agency
- Representation of clients in transactions involving federal tax incentives, including representation of a project developer and power purchaser in a long-term development and financing of a wind farm that included prepay structure to monetize federal incentives, and representation of a tax equity investor in financing solar projects using sale/leaseback structures, including a 10 MW solar project on a superfund site.
- Representation of governmental and nonprofit entities in variety of unique transactions, ranging from structuring long-term agreements for shared use by nonprofit entities of clinic space within a new supportive housing facility to provide behavioral and physical healthcare services, to representation of a statewide group of municipal utilities in connection with long-term power purchase agreements with a federal power marketing agency that included a test case on constitutional debt issues before state supreme court and a resulting amendment to the debt provisions of the state constitution.
- Panelist, “Health Care and Higher Education Finance Mix Tape: New Financing Tools, Current Events and Other Of-The-Moment Matters,” National Association of Health and Educational Facilities Finance Authorities (NAHEFFA), 2021 Spring conference
- Presenter, “Washington’s New Energy Performance Standard and What it Means for Healthcare Organizations,” Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys (WSSHA), 2021 Spring conference
- Panelist, "The Future of Financing Senior Living Facilities", LeadingAge Washington Conference, 2021
- Women in Public Finance - Pacific Northwest Chapter, President; Former Vice President of Membership
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Women in Public Finance - Mountain Region Chapter
Founding Member and past Vice President (National Coordinator)
- J.D., University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2006, graduated with honors
- M.B.A., Southern Utah University, 2003, highest distinction
- B.S., Accounting, Southern Utah University, 2003, summa cum laude