Christi’s practice focuses on public finance and municipal securities law. Her experience includes serving as bond, disclosure, underwriter's, issuer’s and special counsel in various sectors, including public power and transmission; municipal, public and private utilities; municipal infrastructure and capital improvement programs; healthcare; universities; charter schools; industrial development bond programs; municipal leasing; and commercial property assessed clean energy (CPACE). She has represented governmental entities, investor-owned utilities, conduit issuers, underwriters, lenders, tax equity investors and others in a range of tax-exempt and taxable bond financings and other public finance and project finance transactions. Prior to joining HCMP in 2019, Christi practiced for 12 years at a national public finance firm in Chicago and Salt Lake City.
- Represented a Utah governmental entity, in its capacity as project developer and power purchaser, in long-term development and financing of a 58 MW wind farm, including a prepay structure to monetize federal incentives.
- Represented same Utah governmental entity in its issuance of green bonds to finance a 7.8 MW recovered energy generation system constructed adjacent to a natural gas compressor station in southwestern Utah.
- Represented a bank, as tax equity investor, in financing solar projects using sale/leaseback structures, including a 10 MW solar project on a superfund site.
- Acted as counsel to statewide group of municipal utilities in connection with long-term power purchase agreements with a federal power marketing agency, including test case on constitutional debt issues before state supreme court and a resulting amendment to the debt provisions of the state constitution.
- Acted as counsel to Idaho issuer in connection with program for financing and leasing of transmission facility assets to federal power marketing agency.
- Women in Public Finance—Pacific Northwest Chapter, member
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, member
- Women Lawyers of Utah, member
- Women in Public Finance—Mountain Region Chapter, founding member and past vice president (national coordinator)
- J.D., University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2006, graduated with honors
- M.B.A., Southern Utah University, 2003, highest distinction
- B.S., Accounting, Southern Utah University, 2003, summa cum laude