As Director of Human Resources, Veronica is dedicated to the well-being of the firm, its business, its employees, and the preservation of its culture. She leads and guides the development, implementation and oversight of human resources-related business policies, programs, and services that further the firm’s strategic objectives. She recommends strategies, provides counsel, and applies best practices in a variety of areas, including talent acquisition & retention, employee engagement, diversity, equity & inclusion, professional development, legal compliance, total compensation & rewards, and performance management.
As a steward of HCMP culture, Veronica proactively identifies and addresses opportunities to make our firm a highly desirable place to work every day. She is a committed employee advocate, internal consultant, and change leader.
Prior to HCMP, Veronica worked in a variety of HR and administrative leadership roles with K&L Gates LLP and Cozen O’Connor. Earlier in her HR professional career, she worked for Starbucks and Washington Mutual.
- Association of Legal Administrators, Member
- Puget Sound Association of Legal Administrators, Member
- Extended Board Member, Finance Section (2018 - 2020)
- Executive Board Member, Vice President of Education (2020 - present)
- Seattle Area Legal Recruiting Administrators (SALRA), Member
- Seattle SHRM (affiliate of Society for Human Resource Management), Member
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- M.A., Organizational Management, University of Phoenix
- B.A., Psychology and Sociology, cum laude, Gonzaga University
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional
- Professional in Human Resources, California
- Senior Professional in Human Resources
Veronica is a Seattle sports fan, especially the Sounders and Seahawks. She enjoys watching soccer, traveling the world, exploring national parks, hiking around the Pacific Northwest, creating new recipes and perfecting her favorite dishes, and advancing her Spanish language skills.