Melody’s practice focuses on a wide array of areas within corporate law, including corporate governance, representation of corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and individuals as well as debt and equity financing, and refinancing. Prior to joining Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson, Melody worked in the corporate group of an international law firm in New York City.
- Assisted in the representation of a lender under a secured real estate loan to one of the former largest retailers in the U.S. and certain of its affiliates in a multi-billion-dollar Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Assisted in the representation of an insurer of bonds issued by the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in the current complex restructuring and negotiations of the Commonwealth’s funded debt.
- Assisted in the representation of a parent company in the bankruptcy case of a subsidiary with more than half a billion dollars in assets and liabilities.
- Corporate Law Clerk, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, 2018 - 2019
- Summer Law Clerk, Debevoise & Plimpton, 2017
- Summer Law Clerk, University of Michigan Office of General Counsel, 2016
- Assistant Paralegal, Seattle City Attorney’s Office, 2013 - 2015
- J.D., The University of Michigan Law School, 2018 Executive Board Member, Latino Law Students Association
- Executive Online Editor, Michigan Law Review
- Juan Luis Tienda Scholarship Award Recipient
- B.A., Saint Mary’s College, 2012 Juliette Noone Award Recipient
After living in the East Coast and the West Coast, I decided to settle down in Seattle. In my free time, you can catch me at my local boxing gym along with my husband. I also love to go hiking as well as exploring all the great restaurants around the city.