We have extensive experience litigating environmental disputes in state and federal courts as well as administrative forums. HCMP provides its clients with an interdisciplinary team approach that combines the deep technical knowledge and environmental expertise of our experienced environmental lawyers with the skilled advocacy and courtroom tactics of our seasoned trial lawyers. As a result, our environmental litigation team has a long track record of handling environmental disputes, including:
- Defense and prosecution of cost recovery and contribution claims under the Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Representation of insurance policy holders in pursuing claims against insurers to recover environmental cleanup costs.
- Defense and settlement of citizen suits by public action groups seeking to enforce federal and state environmental statutes.
- Trespass, nuisance, and other tortious property damage and personal injury claims arising from environmental conditions.
- Defense of environmental enforcement actions brought by federal, state, and local environmental agencies.