In today’s fast-paced economy, information and data are keys to running a successful business. Companies are collecting and storing an ever-increasing amount of information, and data security has become an everyday topic in headlines around the world as companies try to keep up with the rules and regulations that govern the collection, handling and storage of information.
Our team is prepared to help you navigate the maze of data security and privacy laws so that you can focus on running your business. We work closely with our clients to provide guidance and counsel on the collection, use and distribution of data online, offline, and on mobile devices. Our strengths in this area include:
- Compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations, including industry-specific compliance considerations in healthcare and other industries;
- Development and implementation of data security policies;
- Responding to and reporting data breaches;
- Government inquiries related to data privacy and electronic surveillance; and
- Business transactions involving high-tech clients and other companies where data security is at issue.
Whether you are developing data security policies, reviewing your current practices to make sure you are complying with privacy laws, or responding to data breaches or government inquiries, we are prepared to offer guidance and insight on best practices in data security.