HCMP is currently seeking an experienced full-time litigation paralegal. Our litigation team practices in all areas of dispute resolution, including trial and appellate litigation, arbitration, mediation, and regulatory proceedings in matters involving corporate and business disputes; employment law; creditors' rights, bankruptcy and insolvency; unfair trade practices; securities; product liability; intellectual property; eminent domain and inverse condemnation; and land use and real estate. Our team also enjoys working together on pro bono litigation for individuals and entities who have suffered injustice but cannot afford legal representation.
Successful candidates must be able to support a wide range of case management, discovery, trial preparation and administrative activities. They are impeccably reliable, are able to work as a part of a team, possess strong attention to detail, exercise excellent organizational skills, are able to handle multiple projects, and take pride in providing the highest-quality work product.
This position is eligible for hybrid work. We strongly encourage a minimum of one day per week worked in our office, preferably Tuesdays. Business needs may necessitate different or additional in-office days beyond our policy. Our hybrid work policies are subject to change depending on firm and practice needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and indexing case files, and documents produced and received
- Performing a wide variety of data compilation, with little or no supervision
- Assisting with the preparation of legal documents in discovery, including third-party subpoenas
- Preparing reports, correspondence, declarations, and pleadings
- Assisting with drafting a wide variety of legal documents for filing with the courts
- Reviewing documents and preparing for production along with a privilege log when necessary
- Assisting attorneys in preparation for depositions
- Assisting attorneys in preparing for mediations, arbitrations, and trials
- Communicating with witnesses and experts
- Assisting with scheduling, docketing, calendaring, and tracking deadlines
- Entering billing and expense data into firm systems in a timely manner
- Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, court staff, and court reporters
- Prior substantive working experience in a litigation paralegal role in a civil litigation practice, including deep knowledge of e-discovery processes
- Paralegal certification/degree from an accredited college or university is helpful
- Ability to handle cases from pre-suit through trial or settlement
- Knowledge of local, state, federal, and appellate court rules and Office of the Hearing Examiner procedural rules is strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Prior experience with DISCO is helpful
- Proficiency in document management and timekeeping systems
- Strong project management, organizational, prioritization, and communication skills
- Strong proofreading skills; attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to work productively within tight deadlines
- Ability to work occasional overtime as needed
We offer a competitive base salary, performance bonus earning potential, excellent benefits with fully subsidized medical and dental premiums, a generous 401(k) profit sharing program, a sabbatical program, and paid parental leave, among other exciting benefits.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service obligations, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Applicants with disabilities may contact HCMP Human Resources by telephone, fax, e-mail, mail or other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Veronica Sutton, Director of Human Resources, at 206-470-7687 (direct), 206-623-7789 (fax), or email@example.com.