HCMP helps clients stay informed.
Changes to land use regulations are constant. These changes can fundamentally alter the value and development potential of a site. HCMP stays current on proposed revisions to zoning codes, Comprehensive Plans, and land use procedures. This cutting-edge insight allows HCMP to help evaluate prospective development sites, identify strategies for future opportunities, and influence the legislative process.
HCMP monitors and actively participates in a number of proposed regulatory changes, such as:
- Affordable housing legislation, including the Seattle HALA recommendations for proposed upzones in neighborhoods throughout Seattle, and the residential and commercial framework legislation to implement the new affordable housing requirements
- Upzones in the University District, Uptown, and the Central District
- Comprehensive Plan amendments
- Proposed changes to the Design Review Board structure and process
- Bellevue Downtown Livability Agenda
- Updates to various environmental regulations including stormwater permit requirements and cleanup standards applicable to contaminated sites
HCMP is ready to help your business navigate regulatory changes.
HCMP's Land Use law practice has also been repeatedly ranked by Chambers USA® in the category of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, most recently for 2021.