Michael’s practice focuses on assisting clients in transactional matters related to real estate and business. His real estate work includes acquisitions and dispositions, including title review and other due diligence matters, as well as leasing, management and other operational matters. Michael also regularly works on business entity formation, joint venture operating agreements, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder relations, and general business matters.
- Represent a real estate investment firm with sale, development, leasing, and operational matters relating to its national portfolio of industrial and commercial properties.
- Represent a regional healthcare network in connection with purchases, sales, and medical-office leasing matters.
- Represent a real estate joint venture in connection with acquisitions of commercial office and mixed-use properties in Seattle, Portland, Denver, and Salt Lake City.
- Represent commercial landlords in connection with leasing retail, restaurant, warehouse, and other commercial spaces throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- Represent various startups in connection with regulatory matters in the fintech and real estate sectors to, among other things, obtain approval from Fannie Mae and other governmental authorities for experimental pilot program related to residential home financing.
- Represent commercial lenders in making loans secured by real property and other collateral, including reviewing the condition of title and drafting and negotiating agreements related to title and priority issues.
- Represented LaCroix Industries, Inc., a supplier of complex metallic formed and machined parts and assemblies for the global aerospace industry, in the sale of its assets to Accurus Aerospace Corporation, a subsidiary of private equity firm Liberty Hall Capital Partners.
- Legal Intern, Seattle Children's, 2013
- Judicial Extern to Judge Bruce E. Heller, King County Superior Court, 2012
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, with honors, 2014
Associate Editor-in-Chief, Washington Law Review
Co-President, Student Health Law Organization
Member, Jessup International Moot Court Team
Vice President of Development, Moot Court Honor Board
- B.A., Communications, Brigham Young University, 2010
Editor-in-Chief, BYU Daily Universe
Washington Seminar Program Participant
I am an avid runner and cyclist, and do the occasional triathlon when I make time for swimming. I love to read and go to concerts, but on most nights can be found cooking at home with my wife while trying to protect the food from my border collie mix, Bowser.