Erika’s practice focuses primarily on the representation of financial institutions and private lenders in connection with commercial lending transactions and workouts, with an emphasis on construction loans, C&I financing transactions involving complex collateral, and loan syndications and participations.
Erika also advises clients on a variety of real estate matters including acquisition, disposition, and leasing of real property, and forming partnerships and limited liability companies for real estate investment and development.
- Representation of luxury home developer in structuring real estate syndications for townhome and single family home projects totaling $22.3 million and $24.6 million, respectively.
- Representation of developer in $6.2 million acquisition of mixed-use building.
- Representation of custom fabricator in $4.7 million purchase and leaseback of industrial building.
- Representation of foreign investors in $3.9 million purchase, assignment, and leaseback of industrial building.
- Representation of purchasers of $2.25 million single family home including negotiating purchase and sale agreement and terms of seller financing.
- Representation of numerous landlords and tenants in leasing industrial, office, and retail premises.
- Co-Presented “Practical and Legal Strategies for Selling a Home During the Divorce Process,” King County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2018.
- Co-Taught “Real Estate Forms Update”, Windermere Real Estate, 2015.
- Co-Presented “The Fair Housing Act,” Master Builders Association of King County, 2015.
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, Volunteer Attorney
- Bellevue Chamber Foundation, Scholarship Committee Member
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers, 2017 and 2018
- Named on the Top Women Attorney list in Washington Super Lawyers, 2017
- Semester-in-Practice Law Clerk to U.S. Chief Magistrate Judge, Candy W. Dale, U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho, 2002
- J.D., University of Idaho College of Law, 2011
- International Law, University of Cambridge, 2009
- B.A., Political Science & International Studies, University of Washington, 2002
- European Politics, University of Copenhagen, 2001 - 2002
- Comparative Politics, University of California, Berkeley, 2000
I enjoy traveling internationally, hosting large dinners for family and friends, watching college hoops, taking in a new art exhibit, and participating in the requisite PNW outdoor activites.