HCMP Diversity Fellowship
HCMP is committed to promoting diversity within our firm and within our legal community. As part of this commitment, we have established a First-Year Diversity Student Fellowship. The Fellowship includes a salaried summer associate position following the first year of law school, and a scholarship to be applied towards tuition and expenses during the student’s second academic year. First-year students who contribute to the diversity of their law school, and who will contribute to the diversity of the legal profession, are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for HCMP’s First-Year Diversity Student Fellowship, an applicant must be a first-year law student in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school.
1. Selection Criteria:
- Diverse background and life experiences, and capacity to contribute meaningfully to the diversity of the legal community
- Distinction in academic performance; significant accomplishments and activities; and commitment to community service
- Leadership ability
2. Application Materials:
- Undergraduate transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Law school transcript (if available; unofficial copies are acceptable)
- A one-to-two page personal statement describing the student’s background and addressing the selection criteria noted above
- A legal writing sample (must not have been significantly edited by others)
- A list of three references
3. We are now accepting applications for 2018. Applications will be accepted through January 11, 2018.
- Applications may be sent by e-mail to Brenda K. Partridge.
- Applications may also be sent by U.S. Mail to:
Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson P.S.
Attn: Brenda K. Partridge
999 Third Avenue, Suite 4600
Seattle, WA 98104
-Applications will be reviewed collectively, after the January 11, 2018 deadline.
-Applicants may be invited to interview in our offices as part of the selection process.